We offer a straight 30 days warranty from the date the part is delivered to you. If the part/parts are ordered and, in any event, not needed, there will be 25% Restocking fees and one-way shipping cost. The rest will be refunded. A1 Auto Wrecking does not pay for return shipping if the part is defective. The customer is responsible to ship the part back with his/her expense and this is not reimbursed. A1 Auto Wrecking does not cover LABOR COST under any circumstance we sell all parts with a warranty. The customer is responsible to accept the delivery of the shipment. If the customer refuses the shipment, the customer is liable to pay both side freight charges and a 25% Re-stocking Fee. For any reason, if the customer feels that the part is damaged or defective, he needs to accept the delivery of the shipment and then call us on 800- 697-1571 for further details.
TERM OR LENGTH OF WARRANTY
A1 Auto Wrecking and items sent incorrectly. The Three-Year Warranty option, if available and purchased adds two additional years to the Standard One Year Warranty term. All other terms and considerations remain the same under the One- or Three-Months Warranty The Warranty must be activated for any of the warranty terms and conditions to be valid and enforceable. Both activations of warranty and engine or transmission installation are required within 15 days from delivery receipt to the shipping address on record.
A1 Auto Wrecking warrants to the original purchaser that the engine purchased will be free from cracks in the block, free from knocking, and excessive oil consumption, and will be subject to the following terms and conditions. The Engine warranty covers the block, heads, and all internal components. Components NOT covered under warranty include all bolt-on accessories, wiring, sensors, or ancillary items that may have been inadvertently shipped with the engine. The following internal components of gasoline or diesel engines are covered: pistons pins, crankshaft, and main bearings connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, push rods, rocker arms, hydraulic lifters, and rocker arm shafts. The engine block and cylinder heads are covered only if damaged by a covered component.
The following components of the automatic or manual transmission are covered: torque converter, oil pump, governor, drums, planetaries, sun gear & shell, sprags, shafts, bearings, shift rails, forks, and synchronizers. We guarantee transmissions that will shift properly, gears to be good, and bearings to be good. Thoroughly clean all components of the transmission including the oil pan before assembly. Replace oil and filter in all automatic transmissions. You must replace ALL seals and gaskets before installation. Flush & flow test cooler and lines. Fully engage torque converter in the front pump. For manual transmissions, you must install a new clutch, pressure plate, and slave cylinder. You must also have your flywheel turned in before installation. Fill and check the fluid to ensure proper levels.
The customer must provide and is responsible for: installing new seals and gaskets at the time of engine or transmission installation, including a new thermostat, timing belt/chain, water pump, and oil pump at the time of engine installation. Seals in turbos are not guaranteed to be perfect and may need replacing during the warranty period. Transmission coolant lines must be flushed or the warranty will be void. RADs with engine coolers and divorced oil coolers must be replaced. Transmission may need to be relearned, reset, or flashed by the dealer AND may need the electronic valve body replaced. Engines and Transmissions must be installed by an ASE Certified mechanic.
In case of a total breakdown of a part or engine, A1 Auto Wrecking’s obligation is limited to repairing or replacing broken covered components covered under this warranty. If replacement of transmission or an engine or covered components is required and a replacement engine or components is not available, A1 Auto Wrecking reserves the right to pay to the customer in cash the cost of the replacement engine’s value, not to exceed the original purchase price. A1 Auto Wrecking, at its sole discretion, may opt to replace the engine with another used assembly of like kind and quality. Replacement of any part or transmission or engine covered under this warranty will be considered a repair and will not change the original length of time or term of the warranty based on the original purchase date.
WHAT’s NOT COVERED AND EXCLUSIONS:
- Leaking gaskets or seals are not covered.
- Any claims or damage resulting from failure to maintain proper coolant, fluid, refrigerant, or lubrication levels, overheating of any type, abuse, negligence, freezing, personal damages, fire, flood, vandalism, theft, collision, acts of God, competition, or racing, usages not approved by the vehicle manufacturer, improper load capacity, or improper towing, damages caused by contaminated fluids, coolants, or lubricants for any reason, misuse, road conditions, riots or acts of war are not covered.
- Claims occurring outside the United States are not covered. Once a claim has been initiated, the purchaser may not continue to operate the vehicle until a claim determination or decision has been made by A1 Auto Wrecking; the continued operation will void the claim. Any work or repair done to a vehicle without prior written authorization from A1 Auto Wrecking is not considered an authorized claim and will not be covered.
- Freight, shipping, or towing of a vehicle or anything associated in the way of per diem expenses, storage fees, medical expenses, telephone or rental charges, lost wages, or earnings is not covered under this warranty.
- Any commercial, for-hire use, sporting, or competitive use is not covered.
- Any breakdowns caused by mechanical alterations not meeting the manufacturer’s specifications are not covered.
- Factory recalls or breakdowns covered by factory recall are not covered.
- Transmission clutches and clutch plates are not covered under this agreement.
- Breakdowns to a covered part already replaced under this warranty.
- Any cost or expense associated with obtaining repair estimates or work performed to determine the the cost or estimate for repair is not covered. Any defective parts must be made available for inspection upon A1 Auto Wrecking’s request.
- Breakdowns caused by excessive wear and tear for the year and mileage of the vehicle are not covered under this warranty.
- Breakdowns that occurred while under another warranty of any kind are not covered.
- Breakdowns covered by manufacturer warranty or recall, distributor or repairers guarantee, any other written warranty, government or court orders, decrees or settlements, or any valid insurance policy are not covered.
- Improper engine or transmission installation or installation by a non-ASE Certified mechanic.
- We do not warranty oil leaks/damage on engines or transmissions due to non-replaced seals, gaskets, or filters.
- Any failure due to transmission coolant lines not being flushed at the time of installation is not covered.
- Transmission may need to be relearned, reset, or flashed by dealer AND may need electronic valve body replaced; this is not covered External switches and sensors on transmissions are not covered.
- Though our parts are cleaned, the external appearance of an engine or transmission may include dirt, oil, rust, or other debris; this is not uncommon in the industry. The external visual appearance is not covered.
Acceptable records documenting the purchaser’s adherence to the vehicle manufacturer’s required maintenance are required in the event of a claim. Acceptable records must be: issues on the date of maintenance, issued in the name of the purchaser, be signed by the purchaser, be electronically generated, issued by the commercial lubrication service facility performing the maintenance, include mileage, date, vehicle identification number, year, make and model, and include a record of payment and service performed. Handwritten information on records, receipts, or repair orders, about or documenting required maintenance is not acceptable.
Both activations of warranty and engine or transmission installation are required within 15 days from delivery receipt to the shipping address on record. The Warranty must be activated for any of the warranty terms and conditions to be valid and enforceable. Activation of warranty by customer/purchaser signifies product and warranty acceptance. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS Mileage is not guaranteed and is correct to the best of our knowledge. The typical delivery time is 7-14 working days. Unusual circumstances may require additional time. Residential deliveries incur a $75 – $125 additional shipping charge unless alternatives are pre-arranged. OEM parts are interchangeable with multiple years, makes, and models, thus the same part is an exact fit for multiple makes and models as determined by OEM standards. We guarantee the part we sell to fit your vehicle. This warranty is not transferrable. All deposits are non-refundable. There is no warranty on the appearance of parts.
A1 Auto Wrecking will ship and replace incorrectly shipped parts without cost to the customer within 10 days of the customer’s delivery receipt of parts. Incorrectly ordered parts or cancelled orders are subject to 20% handling and restocking fees and the customer pays all shipping costs for return and replacement. Incorrectly ordered parts or cancelled orders, for any reason, are the customer’s responsibility. No refunds or credits are allowed, under any circumstances, for returned engines and transmissions not in their original assembled and condition as shipped to the customer.
If the part is damaged, at the time of delivery, both customer and delivery driver must write DAMAGED and sign their names toon the delivery receipt. Also, if you receive a damaged part or an incorrect part you must notify our customer service department by e-mail and telephone call within three (3) business days (72 hours) of its arrival. DO NOT SEND THE PART BACK BEFORE RECEIVING INSTRUCTIONS. Parts refused at the time of delivery will be subject to a 20% restocking fee and the purchaser agrees to pay all shipping charges. Returning the part is the responsibility of the customer and A1 Auto Wrecking must be provided with a return tracking number when the item is returned. The item must be returned within 7 business days of the return authorization. The return address will be provided at the time we are contacted. Parts must be returned to the location address provided. Once the item is returned we will gladly issue a full refund on the original purchase price or send a replacement part. Once the item is returned it will be inspected and upon approval, a credit request will be forwarded to accounting. Customer refunds are issued once the returned part has been verified and inspected. We stand behind our warranties and want to make you, our customer, at ease when purchasing a used auto part. If you have any questions feel free to call us toll-free at 1-800-697-1571.This warranty covers defective parts and items sent incorrectly. We offer a parts-only warranty
*NO LABOR COSTS are covered for any part sold by A1 Auto Wrecking. If the part is defective or bad, A1 Auto Wrecking reserves the right to first replace the defective or bad part. If a replacement is not available through A1 Auto Wrecking, a refund for the cost of the part may be issued upon return of the defective or bad part. No refunds are provided unless the defective or bad part is returned within 30 days from the original purchase date. In the event a reorder is made before the return of the first part, A1 Auto Wrecking will require payment for the second part and refund the initial order upon the return f the defective or bad part. Return shipping costs will not be reimbursed. Upon contacting A1 Auto Wrecking please provide a detailed explanation as to why the part is being returned. All defective or bad parts need to be returned within 30 days by the customer after a claim is placed.
Once an order has been placed and the buyer/customer chooses to cancel the order before the item has been shipped, a twenty per cent (20%) cancellation fee may apply.
All warranty claims must be filed within the warranty period and include a diagnostic print-out from an ASE-certified mechanic and mechanics installation invoice with receipts showing CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITY requirements have been met. E-mail full name and contact information with all paperwork and photo-copy image of all receipts to email@example.com. A representative will contact you within 24 business hours, subject to major holidays.
Still Have A Question?
Fill the form and our experts will be happy to answer any questions you may have.